TOPIC: Pain Clinic Workshop
SPEAKERS: St Vincent's Hospital Sydney Pain Clinic Team Panel
- A/Prof Steven Faux, Pain Specialist and Rehabilitation Physician
- A/Prof Tony Richardson, Psychiatrist – Pain Clinic
- Dr Candice Wallman, Chronic Pain & Rehabilitation Fellow
- Dr Tania Gardner, Physiotherapist – pain clinic and Reboot pain management program facilitator
- Jacqueline Jensen, Clinical Nurse Consultant – chronic pain management
- Identify and manage complex psychosocial aspects of the chronic pain patient.
- Learn to use communication and motivational interviewing skills to facilitate change and motivate chronic pain patients.
- Learn how to embed skills into clinical practice to address psychosocial aspects in the management of chronic pain.
- Learn about meditation in the management of chronic pain, for clinicians and patients.
- Understand the role of medical, nursing and allied health clinicians in a multidisciplinary management approach of chronic pain.
- Identify the bio psycho and social aspects in complex chronic pain case management.
- Understand how to identify and develop a treatment plan within a multidisciplinary case conference setting.
- Learn opioid de-prescribing strategies
VENUE: Cooma Hotel, 79 Massie Street, Cooma NSW 2630