Vaccination required for all in-person attendees
To ensure the maximum safety of our audiences, Informa requires all in-person participants for the Chronic Disease Management Summit (speakers, delegates, partners, sponsors, exhibitors, suppliers) to be fully vaccinated in order to gain access to the physical event.
Around 40% of Australians now live with chronic health conditions and half of all hospital admissions are related to chronic health conditions. There is a need for significant and lasting change in the way chronic disease is seen, treated and managed in Australia. This event is a critical platform for national discussion, thought leadership, a showcase of best practice and networking to help drive real change across the country.
In March 2021, the Productivity Commission released a report on innovations in care for chronic health conditions. The report laid out best practice initiatives to offer practical insights on driving change to promote people’s wellbeing, increase the efficiency of the healthcare system and reduce hospital use.
The Chronic Disease Management Conference, which will take place on the 4-5 November at the Swissôtel Sydney, aims to support the work of the Commission with an in-person conference to gather the nation’s leaders and experts from service providers and policy making bodies.
Key topics and themes:
The event will showcase best practice initiatives and innovations and facilitate discussion on management of chronic health conditions to address the following critical themes:
- Improving approaches to self-management of chronic conditions and empowering, engaging and partnering with the consumer
- How can we empower the workforce and drive greater health workforce flexibility to raise service quality and lower system wide costs – ultimately to delivering better healthcare?
- Building, sustaining, supporting and funding collaboration
- Data exchange, linkage and better use of data and IT to improve the flow and use of information across the health system
- Funding innovations and models – an assessment of current arrangements and paths to reform
For more information or to register: https://www.informa.com.au/event/conference/healthcare-nursing/chronic-disease-management-summit/